Customer: Engineering Consultancy
The Retirement Village project is a 200 plus room capacity complex with a large commercial kitchen located in the basement of the complex. The kitchen basement is 3.5m below ground level and there is some risk of liquefaction. The kitchen wastewater load comprises 3 x 90L wash sinks and a large dishwasher.
The client’s priority is is to ensure there is no odour or risk of spillage in the kitchen area from the grease management system.
- The greasy water will need to be collected in a location seperated from the kitchen.
- The drainage collection point from kitchen is below ground requiring either the greasy water or wastewater to be lifted.
- Pumping greasy water with a centrifugal pump will emulsify the grease, significantly reducing the ability of the greasy water to separate.
- Grease water lift pump will need to be positive displacement with a containment chamber.
- Distance from FOG sources to grease trap may require heat trace and inspection rodding points not located in the kitchen area.
- 270L sink capacity @ 75% = 202.5L. One minute drain time = 3.375L/sec. Sizing = NS4.
- Oversized grease trap may be needed to compensate for pump emulsification.
Solution: Greasy Water Lift Pump
The greasy water lift pump has a sealed containment chamber for the greasy water effectively eliminating the possibility of spills or odours during normal operation. The pumps can be serviced from the basement without the requirement to enter deep chambers, and are isolated from the containment chamber to enable replacement or service without interruption to the operation.
The external grease trap is easily accessed for emptying and servicing with standard vacuum trucks. No additional pumping is required for the wastewater as outflow is gravity fed.